Wednesday, August 5, 2015

New England 2015: LA to Boston to Portland

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I'd been waiting for almost 2 weeks for word about a new job.  I was assured I'd hear by last Thursday...Friday...no later than Monday...definitely by Tuesday.  Early today, Alexis drove us to the airport and we were off to Boston (I had turned down another job offer waiting for this one).  After a pretty painless flight, we landed at BOS.  When I turned on my phone, I had 5 messages from UCR (of course) asking me to 1) come in at 10:40 (a.m.) to sign a contract; 2) come in at 1:30 to sign a contract; 3) Please call ASAP; 4) come in at 4:00; 5) Please call ASAP!!  Anyway, I got the job (but will have to miss the first meetings, orientation, ...).

We grabbed the car and drove 2 hours to Portland, ME.  For those of you who've never traveled on the Turnpikes and Interstates of New England, once you get out of Boston, the drive is beautiful.  Both sides of the highway, nearly the entire way, are lined with beautiful forests, lots of white birch, and plenty of signs like this:

We got in late but starving, so went to a fantastic dinner in Portland, and then off to bed!  A longer drive to Bar Harbor tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment