Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Hampshire to Boston

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." -- Jawaharal Nehru
 (Catching up on blog -- I refuse to pay $14/day for Internet access!]

Today was check-out day from the house we've loved for the last week.  We got up early to finish packing and clean up.  Unfortunately, with my first bend toward my suitcase, my back went out and I couldn't move!  (Sound familiar Kim?  I had a flashback to you lying on the floor and us wondering if we'd ever get home from Colorado!).  As I refer back to the artist sketch on the prior post, I have a better understanding of the genesis of this back pain!  I swear I didn't do it to get out of the work (another flashback -- to cleaning days during Alexis' childhood when she inevitably developed a "stomach attack" and was locked in the bathroom for hours while the rest of us cleaned!).  We packed up and headed out to lunch at Portsmouth Country Club.
The girls and me at the tree planted at PCC in memory of my Dad
On to Boston!

The first important stop in Boston was a taxi ride to the North End to Al Dente (I must say, I was in agony and could barely move, and there was some talk about leaving me behind at the hotel.  I was NOT going to miss this one!)  The most fabulous Italian food and funny, friendly people.  Then we walked (I hobbled) through the North End to see the Old North Church and eat cannolis from Mike's Pastry!

A great start to the Boston leg of the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment